Apex Systems is actively hiring for Cloud Infrastructure Operations Administrators utilizing Microsoft Azure. If you are in the market and would like to learn more, please email an updated copy of your resume and contact information to Hagan Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Cloud Infrastructure Operations Administrator
Location: South Charleston, WV
Contract Duration: 1 year contract to hire
Candidates must be U.S. Citizens, and able to obtain and/or maintain a Public Trust Clearance Investigation as a condition of employment.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Administrator will work in a dynamic environment primarily focusing on Microsoft Azure to be used in conjunction with an already developed On-Premise enterprise architecture.
- The administrator must have experience with solutions from both a technical and functional perspective.
- The administrator must be able to build and administer the solution leveraging multiple resources/teams on Microsoft Azure.
- Requires advanced skills in the administration of Microsoft Azure.
- Building, Administering, and Improving the reliability of clients cloud infrastructure
- Provide advanced administrative support to Production, Test, and Development support teams as well as directly to the client
- Automate and Build new environments in clients cloud infrastructure
- Utilize Service Desk Ticketing Systems
- Create and maintain technical documentation for the support of the cloud environment using tools such as Atlassian Confluence / MS Office tools
- Attend in person regularly scheduled team and planning meetings
- Participation is required only as it relates to the task the administrator is working with. Technical Knowledge
- Working knowledge of virtualization platforms and resource provisioning (VMWare, HyperV, KVM, etc.)
- Experience provisioning and managing resources in major cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience scripting for System Administration (Powershell, Bash, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Experience using DevOps and automation Tools (Git, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Nexus, Chef, Ansible, and Puppet)
- Working knowledge of High Availability using industry standard methods including Load balancing
- Education: Minimum bachelors degree in Information Systems/Computer Science
- Work closely with project team members to understand program office requirements, review design documents, and provide release support and architecture planning
- Must be able to create own solution architecture and target configurations and diagnose potential issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to communicate effectively with core project team members and team leads
- Current System Administration experience of Linux and/or Windows Operating systems
Nice to Have Experience & Technologies:
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Azure services (Virtual Machines, Storage Blobs, SQL Database, Virtual Network, Active Directory)
- Database management and administration experience
- Application server management/application deployment experience (JBoss/WebSphere/WebLogic)
- Content Management System (Drupal) experience
- HTTP Server (Apache/IIS/Nginx) management experience
- Agile methodology
- SSL management and implementation
- Atlassian management and documentation tools (Jira/Confluence)
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178