The Utilities and HSE Support Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Golden Pass Export / Import Terminal Facilities, Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) Stabilization & Liquefaction Trains, or Pipeline Facilities. This person will provide the following support to the Golden Pass Functions:
- Operations: Provide day to day support for monitoring, optimizing, and adjusting of facility operational parameters.
- Maintenance & Projects: Support development and implementation of maintenance activities or project implementation.
- Safety & Environmental: Providing guidance to ensure operations comply with company policies and provide technical support for completion of Safety / Environmental calculations or studies.
1. Develop / Optimize surveillance plans and execute engineering monitoring activities (downtime analysis, process bad actors, bottleneck identification, and issue identification) to support Operations in ensuring maximum facility availability for the utilities and storage areas of the operating plant and pipeline as appropriate.
2. Use engineering judgment to analyze the performance of field equipment including water treatment systems (process, sewer and storm), Heat Recovery Steam Generators, Steam Turbine Generators, Nitrogen, Air, Flare/Thermal Oxidezers, and Storage and loading of all produced streams (LNG, Heavy Hydrocarbon) and maintaining the Facility Chemical Management Program.
3. Support SHE and Regulatory compliance functions through performing process calculations, developing standard Environmental/Safety reporting tools, and developing technical HSE process improvements, as required.
4. Perform ENV reporting/Compiling of Emissions monitoring data as required to support regulatory reporting requirements.
5. Function as technical SME to support HSE issue resolution. Reinforce safety and environmental awareness through frequent job observations and by interfacing with plant personnel.
6. Support Operations, Maintenance, and Projects in ensuring day to day operations, facility modifications and adjustments comply with all applicable regulatory, industry, and company codes / specification.
7. Oversee Chemical Contractors implementing facility Chemical Management & Monitoring activities (chemical selection, process sampling / analysis, etc.). Monitor performance of the program and associated contractors, identify issues and coordinate appropriate resolution plans to address identified issues.
8. Development of recommendations to management for initiatives or projects to optimize production, improve reliability, reduce costs and/or prevent future problems.
9. Coordinate concept finalization and scope of work development to be able to hand over to an executing organization (Project or Maintenance).
10. Accountable for effective management of change
11. Ensure that the design of equipment used in the facility is in accordance with good engineering practices, applicable industry codes/standards and consistent with the company’s business needs.
Minimum Education Requirements of the Position:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical Petroleum or Safety Engineering
Minimum Experience required of the position:
- 8+ years of related experience within an LNG terminal and/or petrochemical/gas processing facilities,
- 4 years in a lead role preferred
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position:
- Self-starter with ability to work in a team based environment.
- Leadership skills in being able to influence without direct authority.
- Good personnel management, interpersonal skills, communications & organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to effectively lead, delegate and motivate.
- Ability to focus on meeting/exceeding performance parameters.
- A participative leader that offers opinion and direction when appropriate or required.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position:
- Must obtain TWIC Card upon employment
- Normal office environment
- Mostly office environment but as planning and execution dictates there may be walking long distance, potential for climbing ladders/stairs through plant, etc.
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the description – may require “other duties as assigned.”
- Job may change over time in accordance with business needs.
- Job description does not guarantee employment