1. Clean all kitchen items including: machines; floors; and walls.
2. Clean loading docks, restrooms and kitchen offices.
3. Assist floor cleaning and preparation of food items as needed.
4. Assist with training employees.
5. Remove trash as necessary.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
7. Comply with all Fisher Island Club standards (i.e., grooming, conduct, policies and procedures)
Education/Skills/Work Experience Required:
• Knowledge of cleaning practices and equipment operation.
Working Conditions Associated With Job:
• Heavy lifting, kitchen equipment environment.
The purpose of the Setup Attendant position is to set, maintain, and refresh Club meeting rooms according to company standards. This position must ensure cleanliness and organization is completed in a timely manner and assist the supervisor during large functions.
In accordance with Fisher Island Club's philosophy, all team members work together sharing in a common goal of a successful and innovative club. Team members are to demonstrate integrity, fairness and honesty. These are our core values that we will live by in our daily interaction with all of our external and internal members, guests and customers.
- Effectively assist food and beverage service, guest attention, and overall logistics of banquet events by way of set-up, clear communication and teamwork, while maintaining the company's standard for excellence, resulting in the overall success of banquet events.
- Uphold the highest level of customer service.
- Maintain a friendly and approachable attitude towards guests and staff.
- Maintain a professional appearance and mannerism.
- Assist with set-up of tables, linens, chairs, etc. for full service of banquet events.
- Provide excellent food and beverage service for banquet events.
- Maintain knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Maintain sense of urgency when on the service floor.
- Maintain back of the house, front of the house and side work duties for overall productivity of banquet events.
- Maintain positive and professional attitude.
- Complete all other assigned duties when necessary.
- Maintain clear and open communication between all staff members for overall event success.
- Follow Health and Safety practices at all times.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1 to 2 years
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service and reasoning skills
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Work is not performed in an office environment
- Extended periods of walking and or standing required
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include evenings/ weekends and holidays
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
This description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances (changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, emergencies, or technological developments) change.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Drug Free Workplace.