Utility Consulting Engineering Specialist - Services
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
The primary responsibilities of this position is to provide quotation support to the East Haven Modernization Facility, and to act in a consulting support role for the Services Sales region in a specific geography.
This position is accountable for learning the company’s basic products, pricing processes and industry knowledge. Develops knowledge of local market conditions, market segment strategies, customers and business philosophy and processes/procedures.
The individual in this position will:
- Utilize commercial and technical knowledge to assist with the offer design and preparation of quotation packages for simple to moderate complexity projects
- Responsible for quotation of Schneider Electric Services modernization products and solutions offering
- Must possess the ability to interpret customer requirements/scope, match products to customer specifications/drawings and ensures that the quote is technically compatible by communicating with the Services Sales Engineer, the services operations team, and end user customers.
- Develop and maintain quotation follow up database.
- Manager order handoff process between sales and operations to ensure proper execution of services projects.
- Will be accountable, along with the outside sales team, for ensuring all opportunities are entered into the CRM tool. Will be responsible for creation and tracking of custom reports as directed by the services sales manager.
- Must work closely with the Sales and Operations personnel in a team atmosphere to accomplish their sales objectives and strategic goals.
- Frequent travel with representatives to assist in customer visits, monitor their activity and properly motivate the sales agencies to give SE adequate time on the product offerings
Work as an SME’s within Service, Energy and Metering to coordinate efforts in the field with independent representatives and customers to drive revenue
This job might be for you if:
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
Preferred candidate will have:
- Knowledge of electrical distribution products with a background in the utility market.
- Understanding of life-cycle of electrical distribution infrastructure and the life extension value proposition.
- Experience with selling modernization solutions
- Experience with Medium Voltage products, especially in the Utility market
- Ability to adapt and modify the sales and design approach to meet customer expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver innovative solutions.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player with good time management, verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively utilize company software programs/collaborative tools and have the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously. Preferred candidate will have some knowledge of electrical distribution products. Experience with Quotations, Estimating and/or sales of electrical products a plus.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.