Wood Environment & Infrastructure has an immediate opening for a Utility Project Engineer/Coordinator.
We are looking for someone with three or more years’ experience who can provide technical support, and coordination for utility adjustment efforts to resolve conflicts with utilities impacted by projects within the Seattle area for agencies including WSDOT, and surrounding municipalities.
- Experience with the design, estimating, and relocation of public and private utilities to include electric, telecom, pipelines, etc.
- Design and construction experience of roadway and highway projects
- Perform utility and Right of Way research
- Review utility construction plans and coordinate relocations to meet client schedules
- Represent Wood at client meetings
- Work in a safe and efficient manner
- Working on utility relocation/coordination projects within Texas for several agencies - DOT’s, RMA’s, Counties, Cities and major railroad companies
- Identifying and resolving utility conflicts in the most feasible and time sensitive manner
- Needs experience in utility relocation, roadway and drainage design
- Inputting utility information into MicroStation creating Utility Layouts, creating plans sheets for design of utility relocation
- Continual coordination with client and utility owners to ensure project schedules are met
- Designing and reviewing utility relocation plans to be in compliance with federal state and local laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience preferred
- Washington State Professional Engineer (PE) or ability to obtain certification within 6 months
- Proficient in MicroStation and MS Office, Knowledgeable of Geopak
- Position requires strong communication skills, scheduling, problem-solving skills and presentation skills
- An attitude and commitment to be an active participant of our entrepreneur environment is a must
- Motivated to learn in a dynamic environment with short deadlines
- Ability to simultaneously perform, track, prioritize, and coordinate challenges across multiple projects, multiple utility owners and professionals
- Situational problem-solving abilities with various utility engineering circumstances and with multiple stake holders
- Ability to train and lead less experienced utility EIT staff
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.