Utility Forester – Work Planner (RESUME PREFERRED)
Positions available: Full time
ArborMetrics Solutions, Inc. (AMS) is seeking a motivated and highly skilled individual to provide planning, scheduling, reporting, and project management for utility right-of-way vegetation management programs.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Inspect right-of-ways to assess vegetation conditions and determine required maintenance activities.
- Assist with develop bid package maps and work manifests.
- Research easement and land rights for widths, rights and restrictions.
- Meet with land owners to explain vegetation management work.
- Mark work in the field where required.
- Respond to public concerns and questions about the work.
- Assist in the development of public relations materials.
- Respond to contractor questions concerning work specification and requirements.
- Document work activity using GIS equipped computer and custom work planning software.
- Inspect work completed by contractors for compliance to utility specifications.
- Assist in the management of contractors during storm restoration operations.
- Provide support and assistance on special projects as assigned by the utility.
- Company vehicle provided.
- Benefits of employment include: health insurance, dental insurance, 401K with company match, paid holidays, paid sick leave, paid vacation, paid training & continuing education opportunities.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- 2-4 year degree in Forestry, Natural Resource Sciences/Management, Horticulture or related field.
- ISA Certified Arborist or ability to obtain certification within 1 year, ISA Utility Specialist preferred.
- Working knowledge of IVM, techniques and equipment used for vegetation management.
- Excellent personal computing skills, GIS knowledge preferred.
- Valid driver s license.
- At least 2 years applicable work experience preferred but not required.
|Stooping||X||Range of Motion||X|
|Kneeling||X||Hearing - Speech Range||X|
|Body Twisting||X||Color Vision||X|
|Sense of Touch||X||Carrying||X|
|Seeing Distant||X||Climbing Ladders||X|
|Climbing On/Off Truck||X||Climbing Stairs||X|
|Gripping||X||Lifting up to 10 lbs||X|
|Lifting over 10 lbs to 50 lbs||X||Lifting up to 50 lbs||X|
|Rarely = less than 10%|
|Occasionally = up to 33%|
|Frequently = up to 66%|
|Continuously = 67% to 100%|
- Works in all temperatures and weather
- May work around excessive noise from machines, chain saw, wood chipper and other equipment with hearing protection
- May be exposed to nature i.e., irritating plants and biting or stinging insects, and dust
- May work on unlevel terrain
- May be exposed to dogs and other animals
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtains oral/written permission from property owners to trim or remove trees and apply herbicides. Arranges with customer or property owner to obtain access to property, advises of any interruption in services, explains work to be performed, etc.
- Discusses responsibility for apparent damage to property, repairs for minor damage, and refers controversial cases to the General Foreperson/Project Coordinator.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.