Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Utility Locator to join our team.
We have opportunities available in in Asheville, Wilmington, Columbia, Durham, and Charlotte, NC.
- Mark underground utilities on Wood projects
- Operate vacuum excavation truck
- Record collected field data in field books and or sketches
- Aid in maintenance of all utility location equipment
- Assist utility analyst with files and field calculations
Project Related Responsibilities
All facets of Utility Locating projects including:
- Collection of utility records
- Establish project limits
- Collection of utility structures
- Providing utility designation on Wood projects
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of utility locating experience
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Some computer skills
- Technical competence
- Commitment to work with other sections and divisions of Wood
- Ability to work on several jobs simultaneously
- Ability to maintain good client relations
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Familiarity with surveying
Physical Job Demands
- Performing work in a variety of climate conditions including hot and cold weather climates
- Requires the use of hand held equipment
- Must be able to work in a field environment and have the ability to travel as required
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.