Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Under general supervision The Senior Utility Associate performs various critical support functions for the local construction department. Support the local construction AOM and supervisors in expediting all assigned projects. Act as a liaison between the construction department and various governmental agencies including but not limited to state, county, city and local agencies..
- Oversee high level permitting requirements that will include creating detailed drawings as required by various municipalities.
- Act as a liaison between the construction department and various other internal departments including but not limited to the survey, design, outside plant, fiber and risk management departments.
- Investigate personal injury cases in preparation to testify on Altice’s behalf. This will include researching all relevant documentation, performing field investigations, compiling field reports, interacting with outside legal counsel and attending depositions on behalf of Altice USA.
- Assist in the screening of 811 One Call excavation tickets and work with Altice USAs mark-out vendor to ensure our ug facilities are properly marked out. After proper mark out verification, the Senior Associate will handle any and all discrepancies between the field and internal documentation as it pertains to our UG facilities
- Perform field visits to subject excavation areas to make contact with the excavator to ensure our facilities are known and protected.
- Create, oversee and/or participate in the submission of detailed engineering plans as required by various municipalities and governmental agencies.
- Act as a liaison between underwriter and P.E. to help facilitate power supply electrical inspection and activation.
- Perform field investigations and retrieve documentation related to third party claims (personal injury) litigation as well as third party system damages.
- Prepare “Requests For Proposals” (RFP’s) for large projects that require more than $25,000 in labor.
- Attend, on behalf of Altice USA, “Department of Transportation” (DOT) meetings to establish cost estimates on planned DOT projects.
- Attend environmental control board (ECB) hearings as requested, to represent Altice USA (NYC).
- Attend various municipal meetings for large utility related projects.
- Act as a liaison between risk management and the construction department to update and maintain various bonds and insurance certificates.
- Coordinate police detail.
- Act as a liaison between Altice USA and various railroad agencies to facilitate right-of-way within railroad owned properties.
- Participate in special projects and perform other various duties from time to time as requested by the construction AOM and/or construction supervisors. Includes all duties and responsibilities of a Utility Associate
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
- Ability to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approximately 28 feet high, and 75 pounds)
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks, and climbing belt as needed
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to work while standing 70-90% of the time
- Ability to drive Suddenlink vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
Qualifications / Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Valid States Driver’s License
- Ability to operate and maintain vehicles
- Electrical or general construction experience
- Ability to read road maps and System design prints
- Knowledge of all mdu, aerial, underground and BA construction materials and equipment, including technical familiarity with CATV system plant components and home wiring
- Knowledge of aerial and underground construction procedures and specifications
- Knowledge of mdu and B/A construction procedures and specifications
- Knowledge of grounding and bonding specifications
- Knowledge of basic design calculations
- Knowledge of CET utility interference items, GCA utility interference items
- Knowledge of 811 NYC One Call Mark-out process
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Required
- Knowledge of ETS & Remedy a plus
- Prior utility field experience and NESC/NEC code understanding
- Two years experience as OSP-Utility Field Associate preferred
- Work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat
- Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
- Work performed near power lines and electricity
- Work, including travel, outdoors in adverse weather conditions day or night
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace.