Job Description Summary
The Utility position has primary responsibility for cleaning throughout the plant and scrubber vessels. This involves removing ash and coal dust accumulation and scale deposits using high pressure water blasting equipment. It requires working in hot, dusty and sometimes humid confined spaces. Much of the work is at elevated locations with access provided with scaffolding or available equipment surfaces using safety harnesses and fall protection systems. Utility personnel may assist mechanics in performing routine maintenance and major overhaul of plant equipment. They will be assigned to clean-up, painting, weed cutting and other duties as assigned. Utility personnel operate hydraulic loaders, dump trucks, forklifts and other mobile equipment in addition to using a wide variety of hand tools, and other equipment throughout the plant. This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive, and will include other reasonable work expectations as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
1. Cleaning of scrubber vessels and other process equipment throughout the plant.
2. Operating hydroblasting equipment.
3. Operating mobile equipment, forklifts, loaders, dump trucks, etc.
4. Operating jack hammers, chipping guns, descalers, etc.
5. Assisting journeyman mechanics
6. General plant cleaning and painting.
8. Erecting pre-engineered scaffolding.
9. Using a variety of hand tools.
10. Experience and knowledge to use many different kinds of tools.
11. Regular attendance and diligent work habits required
1. High School Diploma/GED
2. General knowledge of hand tools, power tools and mobile equipment
License or Certificate Requirements:
1. Valid Drivers’ License
2. Passed or be able to pass the PPL Skilled Trades Testing/EEI MASS testing.
Time TypeFull time
Number of Openings12
Note: You will have an opportunity to add attachments to your application. Please use this opportunity to upload your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents .