Gregory Electric is hiring an experienced High Voltage Underground Foreman. An underground foreman is skilled in the construction, maintenance and repair of underground electrical distribution systems. This position works at various locations in/around Columbia SC.
- Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized underground work.
- Can successfully lead and supervise, and train lower skilled employees
- Work safely around energized high voltage systems, with firm understanding of when to wear PPE to protect self and others.
- Maintains and safely operates company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor outside and in inclement weather.
- Conducts pre-job planning and safe work based on job prints/work orders
- Possesses a working knowledge of underground construction standards and installation
- Setting pad mounted transformers
- Troubleshooting skills
- Understand basic rigging, hand lines, and lineman knot tying.
- Understand the proper use and maintenance of hand tools.
- Able to identify primary and secondary voltage on a circuit.
- Must be familiar with induced voltage.
- Capable of assisting with the installation and hook up of a single phase transformer.
- Understands the basic concepts of equipment set up and grounding.
- Capable of working at heights and/or confined spaces.
- Understands minimum approach distance.
- Understands excavation and shoring requirements.
- Capable of properly inspecting rubber goods and PPE.
- Must be able to climb different types of structures (wood, steel, etc.) and possess the necessary tools to do so.
- Good communication skills and ability to treat all employees and customers fairly.
Salary is based on knowledge and experience. We offer 401K and Health Benefits, paid vacation and holidays.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability