We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
Provides a professional clinical component to the Care Coordination process for patients admitted to the Behavioral Health unit which includes utilization review, case management, referral and discharge planning assistance to facilitate and implement a quality cost effective plan that meets or exceeds the needs of the patient and his/her family. The scope of the plan will include patient advocacy, case facilitation, crisis intervention, discharge planning, patient, staff and physician education, quality and process improvement as well as utilization management. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with mission, values and Mercy service standards.
- Education: Registered Nurse, Masters in Social Work or Masters in Counseling required
- Licensure: Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the state of Missouri required.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years direct clinical experience in psychiatric setting and at least two years of utilization management experience.
- Other: Broad Knowledge of mental illness/chemical dependency diagnosis and treatment protocols required.
- Preferred Certifications: Prefer Certification in Case Management
- Preferred Other:
- Co-worker must be able to communicate orally, in writing and demonstrate proficient computer skills.
- Co-worker must be able to listen and to understand and explain complex situations.
- Knowledge of QI processes desirable.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We’re bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We’re expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
- Performance bonus
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health Care On Site
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Gym Memberships
- Long Term Disability
- Military Leave
- Merchandise Discounts
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Events
- On Site Cafeteria
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee Referral Program
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Vacation/paid time off
- Life Insurance