UW Account Work Lead (
Job Number:328941 )
***Strong Internal Identified***
Position Responsibilities:This is an advanced level position requiring very limited supervision. The Work Lead is responsible for supporting the underwriting process for multiple lines of insurance coverage which includes property, casualty, workers compensation, excess lines and automobile coverage’s. This position is also accountable for collaborating with team members to achieve growth, profit, renewal retention, service and producer/client management goals for an assigned book of business in the middle market segment of commercial insurance. The Work Lead will research issues, run reports and trend data to provide an analysis and subsequent potential solutions. The Work Lead will gather and analyze account information, interpret and translate data into rating and issuance instructions. The Work Lead will also utilize federal and state compliance and regulatory rules to comply with corporate pricing strategies. Additionally, the Work Lead, in partnership with the Account Underwriter, will be accountable for documenting a risk narrative that conforms with the corporate audit as well as state market conduct exams. Utilizes skills and abilities to perform or coach others to perform tasks of high complexity that require deep technical experience.
Leadership Responsibilities:The Work Lead role is an advanced level UAA position that is accountable for acting as a lead for multifaceted technical assistance supporting UAA’s. This includes: quality reviews, workload balancing, identify key communication components of the UAA job (TPM, process & workflow changes, strategy memos), coaching and mentoring new UAR staff. The Work Lead will reinforce key communication components through mentorship as well as written and verbal platforms. Will provide team with direction and support that will improve their technical skills and drive strong results. Work Lead must have the ability to motivate and gain buy-in from others, reflect a positive attitude and interact with all levels. The Work Lead will also be a member of the UAA Advisory Council. 30/40% of this role is production based UAA Role while the remaining 60/70% is allocated to the Work Lead role.
· Associates Degree or equivalent; 4-year degree preferred.
· Minimum 5-7 years relevant experience.
· Proven success in their current UAA position
· Excellent computer skills - Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Outlook.
· Demonstrated knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, general economic and accounting principles.
· Understanding and experience with administrative procedures including managing electronic files, data, and records.
· Exceptional understanding of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. Including meeting established time and quality standards ensuring customer satisfaction.
· Capability to work independently and within a team/group environment.
· Demonstrated success working collaboratively in a matrix environment.
· Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor personal work plan maintaining status and oversight of multiple submissions.
· Ability to quickly adapt to an ever-changing environment.
· Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Excellent listening, reading, written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven analytical skills including the ability to identify and report problems or errors while working with significant amounts of detailed information.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with internal and external people in a multi-cultural environment.
· Demonstrated strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
· Willing to provide feedback through observation and quality scoring.
· Analyze, monitor and allocate workload capacity.
· Subject matter expert of the UAA role, with recent knowledge of three or more segments (CIS, ERS, CAS, TIS) preferred.
·All candidates must be current UAA’s within the Southwest Region, or located within the Dallas office, and interested in pursuing future career path in operations leadership.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Dallas - Bryan St.
Job Posting- Aug 15, 2019, 6:32:18 PM