Cracker Barrel is seeking a UX Designer who will help co-create and evolve the user experiences for Cracker Barrel’s digital properties including our websites and mobile applications. This UX professional has proven experience developing commercial, customer facing digital experiences, is comfortable building and establishing new Digital teams, and works well in a cross-functional Agile team of internal team members, external contractors, and agency partners.
Bachelor’s degree with a background in design and/or technology.
Two or more years of hands-on experience with user centric design ideally in the consumer space especially retail, restaurants, or other hospitality industries.
- Hands-on experience with user centric design.
- Proven track record of overseeing the conversion of prototypes and designs into finished solutions that exceed expectations.
- Highly knowledgeable in responsive design and usability.
- Skilled in user research with strong abilities to express results in the form of prototypes.
- Well versed in common UX guidelines including Google Materials design, Apple iOS Human Interface guidelines, and Microsoft Fluent design system.
- Skilled in bringing a prototype to life in hi-fidelity (coded) or lo-fidelity (clickable wireframe).
- Capable of delivering initial digital assets (HTML5, CSS, images) for development teams to utilize in delivering the finished solutions.
- Ability to communicate stance on design perspective and champion it throughout the organization
- Strong leadership skills in building consensus across competing development teams and influencing outcomes outside of his/her direct control.
- Ability to concisely document and express user experience standards that can be readily understood and applied by both leadership and developers.
- Restaurant and/or retail experience preferred.