As a UX Designer are you looking to bring your expertise on user behavior and great web design to a platform that reaches millions of people every month? Are you looking for an opportunity to test your creative ideas and design strategies on a platform with a nationwide impact? If you are looking to take your UX and design skills to the next level, then we’re interested in talking to you.
The UX Designer is responsible for working with digital marketers, product managers and technology teams to create UI designs for multiple web properties.
- Conceptualize original ideas that prioritize simplicity, user friendliness and responsive design for sophisticated design requests
- Provide insight and interpretation of user behavior and performance data to influence creative direction
- Apply UX best practices and usability testing to iteratively create workflows and designs for web, mobile and software applications
- Create wireframes, user flows, mock-ups and UI specifications to effectively envision and execute on world-class design concepts
- Clearly articulate the rationale for your design decisions
- Collaborate with product owners, development and other internal stakeholders to create new or evolve existing designs based on feedback, data and technical constraints
- Create designs for digital marketing initiatives, including banner ads, landing pages, social media campaigns, etc.
- Review and provide feedback on designs post-development, working with front-end developers to fine-tune deliverables
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Proven web design experience
- Excellent understanding of current web design principles, with an emphasis on engaging marketing campaigns across a variety of media formats
- Strong knowledge of web standards and accessibility (W3C and s508), interaction design, usability and user-centered design principles
- Experience with browser compatibility, responsive design, and optimization techniques
- Ability to adjust graphics and create / optimize graphic assets as needed to complete designs. Familiarity with CSS image sprites, SVG and other emerging file types is a plus.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a UX design role
- General knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Aptitude to understand SEO/semantic solutions
- Experience with A/B testing software is a plus
- Familiarity with working in an Agile development environment is a plus
- Experience with Adobe marketing stack (Target, AEM, DTM, etc.) is a plus
- Ability to communicate ideas and collaborate with developers, designers, digital marketers, information architects, copywriters, project managers and executives
- A self-starter with the ability to take ownership of a project, attend meetings and make decisions involving the user experience
- Strong time-management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America