Expedia Group (EG) is building the Travel Platform to bring the world within reach for millions of customers.
As part of this, we have built EG's Conversation Platform, which automates the most complicated travel journeys and intelligently connects travelers, suppliers, and customer service agents.
Are you a designer who gets passionate about breaking down complex processes into easy to follow, engaging, and state-of-the-art experiences?
Do you truly think out of the box and are not afraid of breaking the rules in order to innovate beyond the ordinary? Then look no further!
We are in the throes creating the next-generation chat bot platform -- all with customer centricity at the helm – driven by state-of-the art artificial intelligence and machine learning and need your expertise to bring it to the next level.
What you'll do
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to gather and understand business and feature requirements
- Know target users: develop or work from user profiles & conduct task analysis, build user scenarios, help to craft and analyze user surveys and feedback
- Develop process flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups, and detailed UI and visual design specifications for web and mobile
- Present design work to the product team, engineering team, and external partners for review and feedback
- Partner with highly technical development teams for product launch
- Ability to handle projects in an agile and fluid environment
Who you are
- 10+ years professional experience as a user experience designer or UI designer
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with engineering, design, and project management counterparts
- Utilize standard methodologies for web- and mobile-based information architecture
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and ability to analytically defend your design decisions
- Balanced foundation of visual design and UI design skills; capacity for building engaging, highly usable and intuitive designs and layouts, with a propensity towards simplification
- Possess practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and usability principles
- Proficient in standard design tools including Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Have an online portfolio that illustrates a holistic user experience skill-set (please provide a link to your portfolio)
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.