Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Ensuring that our platform is a positive force for the communities on Instagram is one of our most important responsibilities over the next few years. Our vision is to create an Instagram where everyone feels safe, supported, and free to express themselves.
We are building a full-time product team focused on Equity & Inclusion with the mission of creating the most equitable experience for our global communities on Instagram. While we’ve had multiple efforts in this area across both Instagram and Facebook, we’re forming this new dedicated team within Instagram in order to help centralize and accelerate our progress in this critical space. The recent racial justice movement is a moment of real significance for our company and we want to ensure we prevent any bias in our systems, products and policies as it runs counter to providing a platform for everyone to express themselves.
The Well-being Equity & Inclusion Researcher will partner on projects that help make Instagram an equitable product for everyone. The Researcher will build strong partnerships with cross functional on this team, working closely with data science, PM, policy, CO, design, and engineering, using research insights to drive strategy and develop better frameworks, tools and measurement systems to support equity in our products. We also often work collaboratively with our research counterparts across Instagram and the Facebook family of apps.
The right candidates are excellent communicators, knowledgeable and passionate about fostering safe, trustworthy, equitable, and meaningful social ecosystems, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, and excited to collaborate and drive impact across a large organization and influence leadership/executives. The ideal candidate has a track record record of driving organizational influence through a people-first lens, and thrives in a growth-mindset culture elevating other researchers. Additionally, we’re looking for individuals who are truly passionate and have demonstrated success in developing and implementing Diversity & Inclusion strategies in product.
1. Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
2. Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
3. Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
4. Conduct research using quantitative and qualitative methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
5. Collaborate closely with other researchers
6. Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering, data science and marketing
7. Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research
8. Ability to ask, as well as answer questions
9. 3+ years of experience in applied research
10. Masters Degree, Human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.)
11. Experience with survey design and response effects
12. Understanding of qualitative and user-centered design methods.
13. PHD, Human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.)
14. Experience working with large scale data in multi-method studies
15. Experience with applied statistics
16. Demonstrated success developing and implementing D&I strategies
17. Experience working with marginalized communities
18. Experience as a D&I subject matter expert within a dynamic organization
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.