At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
Our UX team is looking for a customer-centric User Research and insights expert with a background in Product Design.
This UX Researcher is a passionate and experienced with advocating human-centered design and the value of user insight across the full design lifecycle. In this role, you will create understanding and empathy around user needs, stated and unstated, for your entire product team including designers, product managers, and engineers. You will work closely with designers to explore new experiences, concepts and features that advance our goal to be a trusted health partner of Delta Dental customers. This is a full-time position working out of our recently renovated, modern office just steps from BART in Oakland.
Our UX team is focused on creating a completely new digital service experience for our customers using insights and data driven decisions. Your research will help us create useful, usable, and delightful new products and features for people as well as continually innovating on our existing products. Your job will be to help our designers solve problems, find opportunities, validate concepts, and refine them.
How you will make an impact:
- Design, plan, and run user research studies, including personally conducting sessions.
- Utilize a repertoire of tools and techniques to gather insights and feedback regarding customers and product experiences.
- Work closely with design and product to understand the complexities of product challenges and related research questions.
- Identify user research approach, priorities, and deliverables that address design goals and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Engage with stakeholders, product owners, engineers, content strategists, business owners, and other designers.
- Communicate research insights concretely and intuitively for the greatest impact.
- Work with the manager of design operations to continually evolve and standardize research toolkit.
- Contribute to a thriving UX team with a strong growth mindset and appreciation for peer feedback.
- Planning and executing research.
What we look for:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 -5 years of relevant work experience within User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, applied research setting, and/or product research and development.
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to usability studies, in-depth interviews, contextual inquiry, concept testing, and surveys.
- Relevant product research experience, an end-to-end, usability, in a generative or evaluative setting.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Proficiency in evangelizing and communicating user research findings with cross-functional partners to drive impact.
- Entrepreneurial, self-driven, growth mindset with a professional presence.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Background in product interaction design or similar preferred.
- Experience utilizing user research and insights to inform design and content decisions.
- Experience with iterative and agile enterprise framework or developing, delivering, and sustaining complex digital products.
- Positive can-do collaborative attitude and motivation to deliver timely and high-quality work.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management as “remote,” the position may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance