Bain & Company is one of the world's leading global business consulting firms, serving clients across six continents. It was founded in 1973 on the principle that consultants must measure their success in terms of their clients' financial results. Bain's clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. With offices in all major cities, Bain has worked with over 4,000 major multinational and other corporations from every economic sector, in every region of the world. Bain recently took 1st place in Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2019.
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on Specialist, UX Research to join our team. In this role, you will help us shape digital products for some of the world’s most recognized brands, and will help Bain to build products of its own. You will be placed in the thick of the action as you work side by side with some of the best minds in the business, and lead user research studies while deepening your knowledge of product and business strategy.
We are looking for a Specialist, UX Research who will collaborate with UX researchers and designers to find the right participants for both moderated in-person and remote UX research studies. You’ll be recruiting and scheduling for research sessions while helping us define our research systems and best practices.
We look for intelligent, well-rounded individuals who possess strong problem-solving skills, a history of leadership, a track record of success, and the passion to make an impact.
- Passionate: You love recruiting the right user for research sessions and you partner with designers and product managers to do so across multiple parallel UX research projects
- Empathic: You show great empathy for your audience and are experienced in Design Thinking/User Centered Design practices
- Collaborative: You love working with a team and are eager to collaborate with business colleagues
- Confidence: You are comfortable presenting in front of teams or clients
- Life-learner: You take pride in learning, as well as sharing what you know with your teammates to codify best practices
- Strong Teacher: You have a wealth of UXR experience and experienced at teaching others on UXR setup, moderation, synthesis and reporting
- As an early member of ADAPT’s UX Research team, you will help in the recruiting, formation and representing of our group to the larger Bain community
- Have a strong understanding on how to leverage primary research along with a User Centered Design (UCD) approach to affect design decisions
- Full-Process: You can take the helm of a UX research request from beginning to end – from identifying the right folks, scheduling sessions and calendaring, to collecting necessary legal disclosure forms/NDAs, advising/preparing the user research test plans and participating in post-research synthesis/reporting
- Collaborate with the team to develop and teach UX research strategy to both internal stakeholders as well as clients
- Hands-on participation in primary and secondary research activities and Design Thinking workshops
- Travel to work with teams and clients will be required as needed
- A current online portfolio
- At least 5 years of UX research experience, including testing across both web and mobile applications
- Fluency in working with product designers (UX/UI), product manager and software developers
- The ability to jump in and tackle UX research projects at any stage of the product life-cycle
- Experience in both consumer and enterprise space