Join the hundreds of innovators, advocates and team members who are making an impact every day at one of the most iconic media brands in the nation. Whether you love to tell compelling stories or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the Los Angeles Times team is the place to be.
Job Description Summary
At the Los Angeles Times and San Diego Union Tribune, we have entered the next chapter and are investing in the future of journalism. Together, we are looking for a talented and experienced Designer with an eye for UX, UI and Graphic Design.
You will be a member of an ambitious team responsible for digital and business products across this quickly growing company. You will be responsible for B-to-C and B-to-B initiatives defining the future evolution of digital media. You will be collaborative, strategic and curious. You have experience with brand standards, design systems, user research and behaviors, prototyping and testing strategies, emerging toolsets, best practices and trends. Your work has a resonating impact on business and brand strategies. You value the taste of failure as much as the taste of success.
We view our publications as the voice and inspiration for our cities, our state, the nation and the world. Join us on the Product Design team as we build a new foundation for our future.
This position will work out of our El Segundo, CA office.
- Communication and documentation of theories, strategies, hypotheses and functionality
- Research, design, prototype and evolve design across product portfolio for web, apps and media
- Graphic design, typography, iconography, style guides and omni-channel brand experiences
- Execute and maintain atomic design system across multi-channel and multi-platform initiatives
- UX/UI Design for dynamic content: text, video, galleries, podcasts, etc…
- Flexibility to pivot as needed with fellow designers, product managers and stakeholders
- Ambassador to our user’s POV
Required Skill/Experience :
- Development of heuristic audit, marketplace research, journey mapping (or logic flows), prototyping, documentation and annotations.
- Demonstrates success in creating a visual & experience language for web and brand experience
- Building and maintenance of Design system and libraries based on atomic theory with Sketch or Adobe XD
- Deep understanding of holistic systems; front-end, back of house and data
- Pen & Paper ideation
- A minimum of 3 years of project-related experience on either;
- Large-scale web site projects for an established, heavily trafficked, consumer facing web site or
- In-house or agency experience on large scale experiential projects across omni-channel initiatives (web, email, print, campaigns)
- Industry experience with news, media, literature or publishing a plus
- Omni-channel creative execution for major brands (branding/campaigns)
Thank you for your interest in joining our team at the Los Angeles Times! We look forward to reviewing your application.