The Senior Full Stack Designer will support the Weichert Family of Companies in effectively combining analytical thinking, interaction and visual design to create updated and new user experiences. The position will leverage user-centered design methodologies to recommend application improvements to the team. The Senior Full Stack Designer will participate in every stage of the design process, from concept to release, and must be a strong advocate for quality and consistency. The position also manages projects associated with Weichert.com, mobile applications, marketing, email campaigns and partner offerings.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads the collaborative and iterative design process by Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows, journey maps and site maps.
- Takes ownership of the products user experience, interactions, and interface.
- Works with the creative team on all design initiatives including, branding, re-branding and brand consistency.
- Works closely with the creative director, business subject matter experts (SMEs) and product owners to gather and evaluate user requirements as well as business requests.
- Meets with users to understand current problems, obtains feedback and suggestions to be considered during the design process.
- Prepares and presents rough drafts to the internal design group, development teams, vendors and key stakeholders.
- Delivers high definition designs that meet business needs, project timelines, and goals.
- Reviews and tests developed designs for adherence to specified user experience, design and expected goals.
- Identifies and troubleshoots user experience challenges from development.
- Maintains all templates, personas, design mockups, usage scenarios, user flows, prototypes, navigational maps, and experience documentation for assigned products.
- Inspires team members with new ideas to create enjoyable user experiences.
- Works with team member when needed to help accomplish company goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor's degree in a related field strongly preferred
- Valid driver's license required
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience designing high-quality, customer facing or enterprise interfaces and/or websites
- Presentation of a portfolio highlighting previously designed site maps, wireframes, user journeys and high definition designs
- Knowledge of wireframing tools like Invision and Axure
- Knowledge of design software like Sketch, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of email campaign theories and design
- Ability to communicate complexities visually in a straight forward manner
- Strong visual design skills
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various team members
- Ability to tell compelling stories about users and products
- Ability to conduct presentations and hold one-on-one meetings
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to code HTML and CSS a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.