ALTA IT Services has 3 openings for UX/UI (User Experience) Designers to support our customer, a respected health insurer. 2 positions will be based in SW Washington DC and 1 position will be based in Reston, VA.
The UX/UI Designers will work as part of a UX/UI competency center, supporting multiple projects. The UX/UI Designers will create solutions that span many user interaction points, including web/mobile applications and mobile apps.
Candidates must be eligible for work in the United States without sponsorship and must pass a pre-employment background investigation. Eligibility for contract to hire is preferred.
Job & Description:
We are seeking UX designers who are equally proficient at user research, interaction and visual design. In this hybrid role, skills in collaborating with Product Management and Engineering on broad, complex problems that require scalable design solutions are required.
The hiring team is seeking designers who energetically sketch both on paper and white boards as a means of rapidly exploring ideas with colleagues on cross-functional teams. They seek contributors who are inquisitive, humble, optimistic, collaborative, empathetic and creative. Designers must conceptualize innovative solutions, create user experience specifications, workflows and mockups, and provide expert evaluation of intangibles as well as develop well-crafted design artifacts.
This UX Designer role is highly visible within the organization. This role is expected to make significant contributions to organizational objectives directly affecting the user experience and our products.
Team and Mission
The UX team has strong consensus from the executive level that enables the delivery of exceptional experiences for customers and users. The team provides products that delight and exceed customer expectations, and also take on complex customer, business, and design problems. They are leaders with vision and continuous learners, always seeking to improve processes and methodologies.
- Experience on user researcher, research strategy, user interviews, surveys and usability study. Builds personas, user journey map, empathy maps.
- Experience on UX analysis to conduct competitive analysis, market assessments and heuristic evaluations.
- Experience on Information Architect, taxonomies. Builds information architect, navigation schemas, search schemas and site map development.
- Experience on web analytics and feedback data to inform infrastructure changes and design.
- Experience on Interaction Design, interaction modeling, mental modeling. Creates user scenarios, user flow, low fidelity and high fidelity wireframes.
- Deep knowledge of user centered design processes and methodology;
- Experience designing web apps and mobile solutions for enterprise platforms;
- Experience on usability test – usability test script, method, collect feedback and design improvement recommendations;
- Advanced knowledge of wire framing and/or prototyping tools and methodologies;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team;
- Experience in a fast-paced software environment, and an ability to execute against aggressive timelines;
- High energy level, enthusiastic, and eager to do what is necessary to be successful;
- Highly creative and inquisitive; able to multitask effectively;
- Stay on top of user/customer experience trends and best practices across interaction types (web, mobile);
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision;
- Experience in Agile methodologies;
- We are looking for 5+ years design experience;
- Must have an online portfolio to be considered;
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors in Information Design, Human Centered Design, Industrial Design, Psychology, Graphic design, computer science or other relevant field.
SOFTWARE & TOOLS:
- Experience in Adobe XD, Axure, Balsamiq, Invision, UXPin, InDesign, Sketch;
- Experience in usability testing tools
RATE RANGE: $75.00/HR to $86.50/hr. W2. Commensurate with experience
For consideration please contact Melissa McNally via firstname.lastname@example.org