The Security Services Department's overall mission is to ensure a safe and secure environment and protect MIT Lincoln Laboratory at all in which staff members perform their mission of research and development. To accomplish this mission, this department formulates and implements policies, plans, and actions designed to protect facilities against threats of vandalism, accidental destruction, and sabotage; and safeguards personnel, classified and unclassified information systems, personal identifiable information, property, and other assets from exploitation and recruitment by foreign intelligence agencies.
Sr. Security Coordinator V - Visitor Services Center
Position will serve as a member of a fast paced, highly visible and complex customer service desk supporting the Visitor Services Center (VSC). Will be responsible for providing customer service to a range of Laboratory personnel, consultants, vendors, sub-contractors, visiting sponsors, military personnel and other visitors as part of a small team.
Position Duties Include:
- Will be responsible for processing unclassified, classified, and non-U.S. citizen visits and issuing access badges
- May provide support in compiling monthly statistical reports to include analysis of visitor frequency, security classification and metric trends
- Must ensure compliance with the Laboratory's administrative and security policies and relevant sections of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- Knowledge of JPAS, SIMS or similar database
- Will provide information and assistance to customer groups concerning visitor access policies
- Will communicate via phone, email and formal documentation to Laboratory personnel and management as necessary
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Security Management, Industrial Security, Criminal Justice or related field
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible administrative experience desired
- Knowledge and demonstrated competence in a DoD Industrial Security program or related environment preferred
- Must possess strong administrative skills; self-confidence, attention to detail, mature judgment, cooperative and responsible attitude, and a conscientious and organized approach to work in a changing environment along with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Enhanced knowledge of PCs and associated business software such as MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is required
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competencies in organization, prioritization, time management, negotiation, flexibility, strong communication and handling multiple concurrent tasks required
- Demonstrated capabilities in presenting ideas written and orally within a cross-functional environment required.
Requirement, Qualification and Experience Continued
- Experience handling and protecting Private and Personally Identifiable Information is required.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to follow established processes
- Ability to work successfully in team environments to meet schedule deadlines is essential
- Must be able to organize and maintain hardcopy and electronic files in an up-to-date order
- Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret level DoD security clearance
For Benefits Information, click http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Requisition ID:28265 #CJ