As the provider of the best Seaside, Florida rentals for decades, Cottage Rental Agency offers an amazing collection of private vacation homes. This idyllic community is situated on the Gulf of Mexico along scenic highway 30A and amidst the white sand Beaches of South Walton County. This region of Northwest Florida is known throughout the world for beautifully pristine waters framed by unspoiled coastal lands.
The Reservation Agent’s primary responsibility is to capture as many reservations as possible by utilizing selling techniques effectively. The ideal candidate would be courteous, self-motivated and detail-oriented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Answer telephone calls and emails in a clear and professional manner.
2. Book reservations for overnight accommodations.
3. Assist guests by selling future reservations. Promptly follow up with guest inquiry leads for second chance bookings.
4. Manage multiple phone calls while booking guest vacations.
5. Provide resort information and brochures upon request.
6. Answer any inquiries pertaining to resort, amenities, or surrounding area.
7. Utilize reservation selling techniques.
8. Input accurate reservations into system.
9. Maintain potential and current guest profile information.
10. Effectively manage daily correspondences and operational tasks to exceed customer expectations and expand customer base.
11. Deliver the highest standard of service to all customers Display effective computer literacy and be familiar with MS Office software (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
12. Other duties as assigned.
Must use proper phone etiquette, reservation selling techniques, and input accurate reservations into system. Employee should have basic computer skills.
Cottage Rental Agency is open and operational 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Employees are required to be available to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience with hotel management software is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills