* Park guest vehicles and/or retrieve valet parked guest vehicles in a timely and courteous manner; use claim tickets to ensure appropriate delivery of vehicle. Comprehend and abide by all traffic regulations.
* Read luggage tags and provide claim tickets to ensure appropriate delivery. Grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, luggage or boxes up to 75 lbs. from cars, buses and vans, placing packages and luggage onto baggage carts in secure area for retrieval by Bell Staff.
*Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Open car doors for arriving and departing hotel customers.
*Respond immediately to customer inquiries regarding hotel features, services and assistance. Provide clear and understandable directions to hotel facilities and nearby attractions.
*Maintain driveway traffic flow to allow main hotel entrance accessibility ensuring ample space for passenger and luggage loading and unloading.
We are Affirmative Action Plan
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to communicate verbally in English sufficiently to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to read English language to ascertain information from luggage tags and claim checks to write numbers and names on claim checks and rooming list.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage with sufficient manual dexterity in both hands to be able to load and unload luggage up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling and walking.
- Considerable knowledge and ability to communicate clear directions regarding nearby local attractions and hotel facilities and services.
- Considerable knowledge of city and surrounding areas.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely with minimal direct supervision within two weeks of start date.