1) Comply with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
2) Provide leadership to employees using the GKN Six promises and cultural standards.
3) Directly coaches employees and maintains a physical presence on the shift.
4) Lead shift performance in safety, quality, delivery and productivity.
5) Manage the performance of team employees with the appropriate recognition, feedback, 2-way communication, and or discipline if necessary.
6) Maintain employee attendance information including vacation schedules, verification of time clock punches and any documentation.
7) Create a healthy and safe environment while insuring that safety and housekeeping standards are met.
8) Plan for employee training, development and cross-training.
9) Responsible for identifying, developing and motivating team leaders.
10) Handle disciplinary problems, disputes or conflicts effectively.
11) Encourage positive employee engagement by supporting continuous improvement processes.
12) Assist the team, engineering, other Value Streams and management to insure customer requirements are met and budgets are met.
13) Responsible for staffing and development planning in line with the current business needs at BGR.
14) Develop and manage employee work schedule to include vacation requests LOAs, holidays, and overtime.
15) Expedite production, prototype and PPAP components.
16) Insure that correct process control and associated documentation is utilized.
17) Troubleshoot equipment and processes.
18) Assist in the improvement of departmental layout.
19) Insure conformance to QS9000 and ISO/TS 16949 procedures and work instructions.
20) Assist in corrective actions related to internal customer complaints.
21) Insure efficient upkeep and utilization of equipment and PM.
22) Facilitate routine maintenance, manage perishable tooling, repair and operating supplies.
23) Recommend and implement process improvements to support lean enterprise.
24) Support flawless launches of new programs and products by utilizing the CAPM business process, with a strong influence with the Product Launch Team.
25) Manage team meetings related to quality, cleanliness, safety, productivity and continuous improvement.
26) Effectively communicate updated production schedules at shift change.
27) Will have up to 25 direct reports and 100+ indirect reports.
28) Manage KPI’s and be able to present those to Business leaders when necessary.
29) Facilitate tours for GKN business leaders and customers as needed.
30) Manage Customer expectations.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- Excellent people leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in use of computers programs such as E-mail, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SAP etc.
- Must work well under pressure
- High School Diploma (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ year’s assembly/manufacturing experience in QS 9000 or ISO/TS 16949 required.
- 5+ years supervisory experience in a people leadership role (e.g. Team Leader)
- Lean Enterprise experience and implementation
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.