Nuvera Fuel Cells is an alternative-power technology company focused on fuel cell stacks and related systems. Located in the U.S. and Europe, Nuvera manufactures hydrogen supply and fuel cell power products designed for efficiency, safety, and productivity.
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC is a subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Group, Inc., which designs, engineers, manufactures, sells, and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally primarily under the Hyster® and Yale® brand names. Hyster-Yale Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. (NYSE:HY). Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. and its subsidiaries, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, employ approximately 5,400 people worldwide.
We are seeking a Value Stream Manager to join our team. The role has the broad responsibility and leadership for overall operation of a value stream; consisting of multiple areas of assembly and/or fabrication. This Value Stream Manager supports a value stream that contains two or more major flow lines for the organization. This value stream can be in operation on one or multiple shifts and can be comprised of multiple flow processes rolling up into one complete value stream.
Implements company lean Six Sigma and DFT continuous improvement efforts to ensure a safe work environment, maximize profitable growth, drive quality improvements, provide premier customer service, develop a technically qualified work force, reduce operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements.
This manager is held accountable to ensure all daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly expectations are met.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Fully responsible for employee and product safety, product quality, regulatory compliance, consistently achieving production schedules, and overall shop floor morale to successfully meet market demand.
- Solution Delivery
- Direct the production team for Value Stream including manufacturing, packaging, production maintenance, equipment engineering, process engineering and all other aspects of Value Stream production and support.
- Achieve financial targets by preparing and reviewing production cost center budgets.
- Lead preparation of long term and short term manpower and capital plans.
- Develops his direct reports to support succession planning and other career development goals of the employees.
Required Job Qualifications (unless otherwise noted):
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Masters preferred. PMP certification preferred.
Previous Work Experience
- 5-7 years of major professional accomplishments, including increasing responsibility and leadership of projects and teams of considerable size, scope, and complexity.
- Proven experience implementing and/or managing automated processes.
Special Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Background in demand based production systems, automated/robotic assembly, accounting, PC skills, manufacturing, human resources management, inventory control and strategic planning.
- Involved with or directing strategic change within an organization.
- Involved with or manage a team in Demand Flow Technology (DFT) or LEAN process improvements/implementation preferred.
- High focus on production automation roadmap for stack and FC Engine production. This roadmap is Nuvera’s single most important driver to meet scalability of capacity in line with fast growing demand for FC systems and in line with $/kW cost targets
- All aspects of the Production Operations and TPM maintenance role within the facility, including layout, process changes and procedures.
- Developing capital investment requirements to continuously improve the Billerica facility and performance and to support company RONTA targets
- Ensuring consisting Make vs. Buy decisions that support operational strategies.
- Maintain accurate standards used to develop product cost
Physical requirements/Work environment
- Ability to work in a typical office environment