There is something meaningfully different about Andersen. A key to the company’s enduring success is our sincere and thorough effort to do the right thing for customers, for employees, for the community and for the environment.
Andersen’s highly collaborative, yet richly challenging culture has enabled us to develop more products in the past five years than in the past 100. Let your curiosity lead you to create new processes and materials to take windows and doors to the next generation. At Andersen, you build something lasting…your career.
The purpose of this position is to support the Value Stream Manager in driving the process of continuous improvement for a small/stable value stream (procurement to delivery). This position takes a lead role in meeting targets for safety, quality, costs, customer service and associate satisfaction/development within the value stream.
The Value Stream Supervisor coaches, trains, supports, and develops a team of flexible, multi-skilled associates in accordance with Andersen Corporation’s values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
Entry-level or developmental position.
- Maintain high level of visibility with associates. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve associates in problem solving.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe associate work habits.
- Develop a high performance work team with high levels of associate morale, satisfaction, and performance.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Help associates succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
- Review general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems.
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
- Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Support associates in understanding company policies and practices.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Take notice of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Communicate with and listen to associates on a daily basis regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
- This position may require a rotating shift schedule.
· 3 – 5 years of experience in a manufacturing operation
· Previous experience as a work center lead preferred
· Previous experience in a manufacturing operation with demonstrated ability to acquire and apply manufacturing principles a plus
· Continuing education in the following areas: Management, Human Resources, Accounting, Manufacturing, Leadership, and Coaching
· Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people