Field Inventory Intern is responsible for successful inventory execution. Key responsibilities are to maintain the inventory and update the demand based inventory model, reports and underlying data needed to support inventory optimization. The job also entails acting as a liaison with the warehouse to more efficiently manage field inventory and communication processes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with inventory accuracy, reconciliation, cycle count, expiration, and recall.
- Work with sales operations, logistics, and forecasting groups to review field inventory with accuracy.
- Review warehouse data to identify optimization of asset investment.
- Prepare inventory reports: usage, trends, risk assessment, optimal state, etc…
- Review account usage & trends to identify optimal placement of inventory.
- Develop demand-driven inventory model to assist with Web-based field inventory optimization initiatives.
- Support continuous improvement inventory initiatives.
- Justify & order new sets.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Possess knowledge of field inventory processes and functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to achieve results through influence in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and identify creative solutions to complex problems.
- Have understanding of supply chain and business processes including requirements planning, distribution, and sales.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and how to impact and influence people
- Currently attending college with a Junior status majoring in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance, or related field.
- Lean or Six Sigma training preferred.
Approximately 10% - 15% within the territory.