The Department of Neurology is seeking an exceptional Vascular-Certified Neurologist to join the team at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. This is an opportunity to be a part of a comprehensive, academic stroke program focusing on clinical, research, education and community outreach.
THE STROKE DIVISION AT WAKE FOREST BAPTIST HEALTH
- 7 vascular board-certified neurologists and 3 stroke Nurse Practitioners
- Leading the way with the most advanced, trusted and successful stroke care
- Large academic practice with blend of acute hospital practice, telestroke consultation, and clinic practice
- The largest network of telestroke hospitals in North Carolina, with 20 hospitals across the state
- Cutting edge stroke research across the continuum, with institutional (CTSA) and departmental infrastructures (StrokeNet) for supporting NIH and industry trials
- Interdisciplinary team approach to stroke care with Neurosurgery, Neurocritical Care, Emergency Medicine, and Rehabilitation Medicine.
- BC/BE Vascular Neurology
- ACGME accredited fellowship training in Vascular Neurology
- Successful record of clinical and service excellence, leadership and an interest in graduate medical education
- Strong interest stroke continuum of care, including inpatient stroke service, telestroke consults, and outpatient stroke follow-up
- Research experience is preferred
- North Carolina licensure or eligible