Neuro Vascular Lab/Clinical Technicians
PRN - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion forhealthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced,patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Neuro Vascular Lab department. Submit your application today!
Weoffer full and part time employees an excellent total compensation package, including competitivesalary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in ourteam and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k,PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Vascular Technologist to join our team who will perform diagnostic procedures to include arterial/venous Dopplers and vascular imaging as directed by physician order. The sonographer utilizes and maintains a background in anatomy, physiology, physics and instrumentation to provide technical information to aid the physician. He/she maintains department supplies and equipment and participates in the quality control initiatives of the department.
What you will do in this role:
1. Maintains skills and understanding of innovation in techniques and equipment in medical sonography.
2. Acquires signed physician orders with appropriate indicator for all exams. Demonstrates good judgment in responding to STAT calls and demonstrates the ability to prioritize STAT orders.
3. Follows safety policies and procedures applicable to the job, recognizes impending crisis situations and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications. Transports patients between the lab and other units as directed.
4. Understands and follows infection control/universal precautions in the performance of all job tasks. Maintains order and cleanliness of the work area. Always practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination.
5. Maintaining all patient reports. This includes but is not limited to the following: pulling all previous reports/images, presenting images to the correct reading physician, notifying reading physicians of requests, and entering proper patient charges into Meditech. Responsible for the proper use of the Cardiology PAC System.
6. Orders supplies and checks each month for supply needs and orders appropriate amounts at the beginning of each month; assists with all daily/monthly reports.