Job Title: WORKER � SHIPPING LEAD
Performs shipping operation duties to ensure quality product is packaged, prepared, and loaded for delivery to customers in a safe manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Shipping Supervisor in training other Worker � Shipping I, II, III, and IV, improving efficiency of shipping operations, and effective and efficient utilization of equipment and people.
- Along with other team members in shipping department, ensure efficient and effective shipment of quality product.
- Maintain up-to-date training on each function in shipping operation and assist other workers as needed.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Follow all safety and security policies and procedures.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Follow all food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory, customer and Safe Quality Foods (SQF) requirements.
- Maintain reliable attendance and consistent work hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
� Complete all required documentation and scheduled product checks.
NOTE: This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, required.
- Successful demonstration of all Worker � Shipping I, II, III and IV duties and responsibilities required.
- Successful demonstration of effective communication and basic leadership skills required.
- Ability to read, write, perform basic mathematical calculations, and accurately record data.
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and varying shifts, as required.
- Must be able to frequently stand, walk, kneel, reach, climb, pull, and bend.
- Must be able to routinely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; and occasionally 75 pounds.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to work independently.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Fork lift and/or pallet jack certification as provided by the company.
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
Working Conditions: Must be able to work for extended periods in a cold, damp environment.
Language Skills: Ability to communicate in English is required; however, bilingual skills may be preferred based on business necessity.
Borden Dairy Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer