At Absher, we care about people, and each of our successes is a result of a team effort. Project Management, Estimators, Safety Officers, IT Technicians, Carpenters, Laborers, Virtual Construction Specialists and Administrative staff all collaborate and contribute.
We build our team by looking for talented people who do things right and do right things.
The VDC Engineer supports construction and preconstruction operations by applying Virtual Design & Construction practices to commercial projects. This includes developing construction level 3D models during preconstruction and supporting the Project Team during construction. The VDC Engineer will work directly with the VDC Manager and Project Teams.
- Develop construction models for scope clarification, operations planning and production
- Design, develop and enforce modeling protocol and standards with VDC Manager
- Facilitate model coordination of structural scopes of work
- Work directly with the project team to incorporate field changes and RFIs into the model
- Manage the coordination process of building systems on-site, including Mechanical and Electrical trades.
- Generate supplemental field construction documents for superintendents, project managers and foremen to improve field performance
- Maintain high level of competency of relevant software through continued use and training
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication ability
- Willingness to be given instruction and follow through with execution
- Must be able to read construction documents and build 3D information from them
- Understand the sequencing of construction projects as well as MEP and Structural engineering disciplines
- Strong working knowledge of computer aided design software and understanding of spatial relations
- Advanced knowledge of Autodesk software is required, including NavisWorks, Revit and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Synchro, SketchUp, 3ds Max and Unreal Engine
Minimum Education and Experience:
- A Degree in Architecture/Engineering related field preferred, or have a B.S. or B.A. degree in Construction Management
- Equivalent years of experience may be substituted
- 2 years in the design or commercial construction industry preferred
Candidates are required to submit samples of 3D modeling work, either professional or educational, in digital format along with resume submission.
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Educational Assistance
- Absher University
- 401(k) Profit-Sharing
Click the Apply button to begin the process.