Leisure world of Maryland Corporation (LWMC) the property management company for Leisure World of Maryland a private, age-restricted community comprised of 29 housing associations and 8,000 residents located in Montgomery County, Maryland seeks a full time Mechanic.
Under direct supervision, this position performs routine maintenance and repair services on different types of vehicles.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & BASIC DUTIES:
- Performs basic vehicle maintenance, component replacements and minor repairs, performs preventive maintenance, performs facility maintenance duties.
- Interacts with drivers to properly determine nature of complaint once assigned a task.
- Works in accordance with all federal/state and corporate compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT).
- Maintain equipment to desired performance levels.
- Complete work orders in a timely manner maintaining high quality standards.
- Keep management informed of safety, operator and equipment observations and concerns.
- Performs prescribed Preventative Maintenance.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safety practices.
- Courteously interacts with customers, both internal and external, ensuring customers are serviced in a professional and timely manner.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
In addition to the Leisure World of Maryland Corporation (LWMC) staff and contract personnel, the Vehicle Mechanic principal working relationships are employees of LWMC and the community residents.
- HS Diploma/GED-Preferred
YEARS AND TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
- None required with Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) line of certifications or one (1) year or more auto mechanic experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to read and understand directions.
- Customer service oriented.
- Time management oriented.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles.
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods.
- Ability to handle various tools and heavy equipment.
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
We can offer you a challenging and rewarding environment with many opportunities to learn, grow and achieve great results. If you want to be a part of our team, we'd love to hear from you. Competitive Salary and excellent benefits.
Please apply at: https://lwmc.applicantpro.com/jobs/