What we look for
Our exceptional and motivated employees are our greatest strength. Our employees provide the highest level of
customer service and help maintain our position as a leader in the global marketplace.
The Markel Style is what makes us stand out from our competitors. It's our core value which should underpin how we do business, while influencing our behavior and performance. We are looking for people who have potential and share our passion to live the Markel Style, which is described in more detail below.
If you think you have these core attributes we want to hear from you.
Job Summary:This position is responsible for timely and accurate supplier set-up, maintenance, and scrubbing. This position requires good organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and accuracy while handling a high volume of requests. This associate works under direct supervision following standard processing procedures.
- Monitor all steps in the supplier onboarding process on a daily basis with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Deliver exceptional service to internal and external contacts thereby helping to facilitate Markel’s ability to meet commitments to trade partners, claimants and insureds.
- Partner with other members of the Disbursement Department and other relevant Markel departments by providing support and requested documentation on disbursements related tasks, requests, projects and initiatives.
- Serve as the primary back-up for the Global Disbursements Help Desk function, which includes the timely and accurate response to all email and phone queries.
- Timely and accurate processing of new trade supplier and supplier modification requests daily.
- Maintain understanding of departmental service standards and guidelines, systems, workflows, reports, forms, products, and other information needed to complete work assignments
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail skills.
- Strong organizational skills and Microsoft Office skills.
- Self motivated and directed.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to partner with the business community.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, college degree preferred.
“Why work for us?”
Diversity and inclusion
Markel is truly a global and diverse company. We believe that diversity makes us better business partners and that embracing people’s differences can bring amazing results and fuel innovation. We have a portfolio of businesses and product lines that operate around the world.
Markel has a rich heritage of supporting communities across the world where our customers and employees live and work. Giving back is part of our history and our future. Our employees share in this philosophy through volunteering, mentoring and fundraising.
Commitment to open doors
Markel is committed to creating the best work environment. Our open-door policy is essential in recognizing business issues as they rise and to address the changing needs of our diverse and global workforce. Challenging management is a component of the Markel Style—some of our best ideas start from a conversation between a manager and an employee.
As the Markel Style states, we pursue excellence, strive for a better way, and share the success of others. Markel associates proactively seek new business opportunities, bringing further success to Markel.