Clarivate Analytics is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. We deliver critical data, information, workflow solutions, and deep domain expertise to innovators worldwide.
Our solutions cover the entire lifecycle of innovation: scientific and academic research; patent analytics and regulatory standards; pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence; trademark, domain and brand protection. Our portfolio consists of some of the world’s most trusted brands, including Web of Science, Derwent, CompuMark, Cortellis, MarkMonitor, and Techstreet.
We employ more than 4,300 colleagues in 43 countries.
Clarivate Analytics is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the tickers NYSE:CCC; CCC.WS.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That’s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
The Vendor Manager role sits within organization of the CIO and the technology sourcing team. The role will focus on activities related to managing vendors in the software, hardware and networking spaces. The technology sourcing team supports the day to day business objectives by leveraging existing and negotiating new vendor agreements. We provide value through engagement, negotiation and support with Vendors as well as by bridging communications across our finance, legal, accounting, technology and business teams to: identify and capitalize on opportunities, manage risks, and contribute to the overall Clarivate operational strategy in supporting our infrastructure and products.
Key to this position will be your ability to drive, consolidate, and interpret daily vendor activities into overarching views of technology activity. Being able to answer questions and provide education and direction for working with our vendors in a timely fashion. Inherent to the role is the ability to understand existing business processes, key drivers and measures of success, combined with the short- and long-term direction of technology’s vision. Also being able to translate that into requirements necessary in vendor discussions, negotiations and agreements.
You will be working with stakeholders, finance, purchasing, information security and compliance teams to understand and support day-to-day activities with vendors. The role is a key appointment and will be focused on leveraging operational understanding and engagement with technology teams and leadership, providing support around vendor interaction, reliance, performance, and requirements to drive value from current and future vendor agreements.
Sourcing & Vendor Management
- Lead Request for Proposal (RFP) process, researching stakeholder requirements, documenting RFP, and coordinating all surrounding activities
- Participate/Lead in deal teams, lead and/or participate in negotiations, including meetings, evaluations and documentation
- Evaluation of vendor proposals for alignment with technology strategies and goals
- Review contracts and possess knowledge of purchasing contracts and contract terminology
- Redline and negotiate contracts to mitigate risks
- Obtain and track savings
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships
- Arrange performance reviews with key suppliers and internal stakeholders to evaluate supplier performance and make recommendations to address issues and exploit opportunities
- Perform analysis of supplier spend data and process metrics to proactively recommend improvements
- Manage vendor activity and business requirements through the full lifecycle: pre-deal to post deal supplier management
- Operationalize vendor/contracts into business processes
- Support strategic maintenance renewals and new deals across technology organization
- Interact with technology stakeholders to capture requirements, define needs and aggregate wherever possible
- Pipeline coordination, aligning key vendor initiatives with technology goals
- Understand Business & Technology goals/ strategies and link them to the Vendor Manger role & activities
- Act as liaison between the stakeholder and the supplier to determine optimal approach to meeting validated business requirements
- Provide feedback to stakeholders and management regarding status of projects and initiatives
- Provide education and guidance to stakeholders regarding value of adopting and complying with purchasing policies, procedures, tools, and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (business, management, computer science, engineering, or related technical field) or equivalent in education and work experience
- Previous experience preferable, 5+ years combined experience in IT, technology sourcing and/or vendor management, technology strategy, or IT related field
- Experience in or aptitude for managing projects or a portfolio of vendor initiatives with an understanding of general technologies available in the market place environment
- Ability to read, understand, and apply license and agreement language
- Articulate understanding of contracts
- Analytical, with an eye for detail and finding interrelation
- Ability to work with, or be part of integrated cross functional teams working across geographies, cultures and time zones
- A self-starter with the ability to drive results with some direction, the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Existing or aptitude to develop a broad understanding of technologies
- Strong project management, organizational, and documentation skills
- Familiarity with budgets, budgeting, procurement, billing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional departments
- A big picture thinker with developing strategic thinking skills
- Use of MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Access
Some travel required as necessary. Up to 5%
This position reports into the Global Manager, Strategic Partnerships
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.