Skyline View Chicago is searching for a Venue Sales & Events Coordinator to plan, implement and operate a brand-new rooftop venue in Hyde Park. The venue will include a 5,000 sq. ft. space with 30 ft. ceilings and sweeping views of Lake Michigan and the Chicago Skyline and will be able to accommodate approximately 150 seated guests or 300 standing guests. In addition to the enclosed four – season space, the venue will include a 2,000 sq. ft. outdoor terrace.
We are seeking a Venue Sales & Events Coordinator to book and coordinate third party client events as well as generate ancillary revenues such as sales of beverage packages. Daily responsibilities are both administrative and operational.
The event specialist role will include:
- Consult with ownership on the initial planning and design of the venue.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing plan to gain potential new business.
- Build relationships with local organizations to promote supplemental revenue streams (rehearsal dinners, holiday parties, corporate and charity events).
- Ongoing sales and marketing including direct sales to local hotels, restaurants and institutions in order to maximize bookings.
- Calendar management, data entry, preparation and execution of contracts.
- Provide site visits, partake in client meetings, facilitate contract negotiation.
- Assure space is prepared for events with proper licensing, safety & security, venue maintenance & housekeeping
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- 4-5 years of experience in event planning or venue management.
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Sales or Hospitalities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and fill diverse roles including marketing & sales and event coordination & logistics.
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings as necessary.