Aerotek is now hiring Production Workers for Vestas!
By joining Vestas as a direct-hire employee, you will become part of a global organization that makes wind power one of the most viable solutions to meet the growth in renewable energy demand. Vestas is looking for individuals for whom commitment, responsibility, and growth are core values. If this seems like the right position for you, please APPLY NOW!
What You Will Do:
- Load, stack, and transport materials by hand, fork lift or crane.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work-piece, and sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work-piece as guides for subsequent processing.
- Reach goals set by production needs daily.
- Polish and sand with grinding discs or sandpaper.
- Clean interior surfaces of holes.
- Apply abrasive compound or other dressing to facilitate pore filling or polishing.
- Operate sanders, grinders, drills and other similar tools.
- Verifies dimensions, conformance and alignment of finished work-piece specifications.
- Work with various epoxy resins and hardeners in hand with various composites to achieve structural performance.
- Dedication to keeping a clean work space at all times to increase efficiency and safety for all employees.
What We Can Offer:
- Job Type: Permanent Opportunity/ Contract-to-Hire Opportunity
- Salary: $16.96 to $18.96/hr
Contract - to Hire- $15 to $17
- Affordable benefits package: including healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more
- A: 7am to 7:15pm (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, every other Wednesday)
- C: 7am to 7:15pm (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, every other Wednesday)
- B: 7pm to 7:15 am (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, every other Saturday)
- D: 7pm to 7:15am (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, every other Saturday)
What We Need:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three years experience production, construction, carpentry or auto body work strongly desired
- Strong natural ability to work in teams, high degree of adaptability & flexibility
- Desire to work as an artisan with hand tools.
- Ability to work overtime as required
Candidates will work in 1 of 2 potential areas. All positions will require following manufacturing processes used to build large blades used in wind energy production. All positions will be physical in nature and require the ability to read and write English, minor computer work and the use of a measuring tape. Positions include:
Shell Operators - Responsible loading fiberglass sheets into metal molds that will be mixed with resign and formed into the wind blade. This job requires standing 100% of the time, lifting up to 30lbs, and working on a team to ensure molds are loaded properly.
Finishing - The finishing department is responsible for ensuring that the blades are sanded and properly fabricated. This is a very dusty job that will include the use of hand tools such as sanders and grinders. This will be physical in nature and candidates must be able to lift up to 30lbs and work on their feet for the majority of the day.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.