Primary Location:United States-Illinois-ELMHURST-199 South Route 83 (4009)
Work Locations: 199 South Route 83 (4009)
Job: VTC- Clinical Ops
Because we’reobsessed with the health of pets, we offer a variety of vet services to meetthe needs of our customers, which means a wealth of career opportunities,whether you’re a licensed veterinarian or a veterinarian support professional. Locatedinside Petco stores, our Vetco Wellness Centers offer professional expertisefor common pet health problems.
Our Vetco vaccinationclinics offer a variety of preventive care services for healthy dogs and catsinside Petco and Unleashed by Petco retail stores across the US. Rather thanhaving a permanent presence, these clinics function like pop-ups inside Petcostores: our crew and veterinarian arrive at the store with the equipment,vaccines, medications, and everything else they need to take care of the petsthey see.
Essential Job Functions:The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilitieswith or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must love dogs and cats...and people too!
- Team player who thrives on supporting the team in every way
- Make educated recommendations to our clients and providing exceptional customer service
- Works hard and has fun doing it!
- Eager to learn
- Ability to work in changing environments, traveling throughout our Market
- Responsible and accountable individuals
- A can-do attitude
- Available to work on Saturdays and Sundays
- Comfortable with dogs and cats of all breeds and sizes. Ability to appropriately & safely restrain (when necessary) fractious pets
- Able to lift 50 lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Strong product knowledge including Heartworm Preventatives, Flea Preventatives & Vaccines.
- Strong knowledge of intestinal parasites prevention & heartworm prevention & heartworm disease in both cats & dogs
- Detail oriented with the ability to think clearly and multitask in a busy environment. Ability to perform basic math accurately
- Have strong client education & communication skills, bi-lingual skills preferred but not required
- A can do attitude and a team player!!