This position serves asVeterinary Technical resource for product support, compassionate customerservice, and veterinary guidance in disease management and control by providingcommunication (telephone, email etc.) to veterinarians, veterinary supportstaff, BIAH employees, animal owners and producers about product inquiries,quality complaints, and suspected adverse events that may arise by usage of orexperience with BIAH products. The incumbent is responsible for determinationof appropriate product and customer support in accordance with BIAH SOPs andGuidelines and must maintain a working knowledge of regulations, policies andprocedures to assure compliance with US regulations (FDA, USDA and EPA) for thecapture, maintenance and reporting of adverse events and product qualitycomplaints.
As an employee ofBoehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery,development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Ourglobal presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborateinternationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute tothe companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantagelie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster ahealthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion,mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation andbenefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
- Provides communication (telephone, email etc...) to veterinarians, veterinary support staff, BIAH employees, animal owners and producers about product inquiries, quality complaints, and suspected adverse events that may arise by usage of or experience with BIAH products.
- Supports complaint investigations by asking appropriate questions. All communications will be recorded in the BIAH Pharmacovigilance (PV) Database in compliance with BIAH corporate, Technical Services (TS) and PV SOPs and relevant cGMPs.
- Entry of case information in the approved database, communication to reporters and resolution of cases must be complete and within the approved timeliness.
- Stays current with BIAH SOPs and Policies, current regulations and product technical knowledge.
- Completes the Medical Review and Assessment of all adverse event reports for seriousness, expectedness and causality in accordance with BIAH SOP and within the approved timelines.
- Stays current with medical and technical knowledge relevant to BIAH products.
- Works with and supports external and internal sales representatives as needed by providing technical support, answering client inquiries and attending and working at veterinary conferences. Creates technical bulletins and PowerPoint presentations in response to sales and marketing needs.
- Develops and gives seminars or presentations, and lectures at veterinary clinics, schools, and associations as needed and/or requested.
- Participates in product launch teams as needed.
- Participates in call analysis and trend reports or issues involving product usage.
- Supports the AD, SAD or Director in projects as assigned.
- Participates in the drafting, review and implementation of department SOPs and related documents, and this within an environment of continuous improvement. Completes other tasks as assigned.
- Veterinary degree from an accredited institution (DVM or VMD) required
- Must be from an accredited veterinary school with a license in at least one state required.
- Three plus (3+) years veterinary practice experience required.
- Experience within a regulated Animal Health environment preferred
- Must be computer literate (MS Office Suite Programs; statistical analysis programs, and database systems)
- Must demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge, an understanding of applicable regulatory requirements are preferred
- Strong communications and inter-personal skills required to interact with both internal and external customers' and stakeholders.
- Respectful interactions with individuals with diverse views or backgrounds
- Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards.
- Must have a good understanding of customer service needs within a regulated environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheimwe create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives ofpatients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutionsin areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family ownedcompany we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50,000employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusiveculture. Learning and development for all employees is key because yourgrowth is our growth.
Want to learnmore? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim,including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA,Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal HealthPuerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equalopportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverseworkforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration foremployment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin;age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status;sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation;disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status;domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; geneticinformation (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any othercharacteristic protected by law.