South 71 Veterinary Clinic in Willmar, MN is seeking Associate DVM’s to join our team!
South 71 Veterinary clinic is located in Willmar, MN. Willmar is a moderately sized town with a population of around 35,000 located in west central Minnesota. South 71 Veterinary clinic provides primary care services to the residents and farms of Willmar and surrounding areas. If you want to practice high quality medicine with a dedicated staff and excellent clientele we want to hear from you! New grads are encouraged to apply!
About the Hospital
• Our main building provides 4 exam rooms, waiting area, pharmacy, 2 table surgical suite, and 3 wards. We also have two satellite clinics as well.
• In house laboratory capabilities with Idexx Procyte,Catalyst One, UA analyzer and Sedivue. In house Elisa tests, available for FeLV/FIV, Heartworm, and parvovirus. Once daily pickup for referral laboratory as well.
• Digital radiography as well as dental radiographs
• Isoflurane anesthesia.
• Ultrasonic dental equipment with high speed drill.
• Complete pharmacy and large selection of prescription and maintenance food.
• Cornerstone computer system.
Willmar is home to a minor-league baseball team called the Stingers. There are numerous parks and recreational areas in Willmar and the surrounding area. There are countless lakes in the area for swimming, boating, fishing, and ice fishing. There are plenty of shopping opportunities in Willmar and surrounding area; with a large shopping mall and numerous outlet malls within a 30-minute drive. We enjoy a high quality of living, low cost living, and the Minnesota nice mentality.
A busy fast-paced mixed animal 8 doctor practice is looking to add one or more veterinarians. We have a strong bovine, equine, canine, and feline practice with numerous areas that could be expanded upon within this and outside of this for the right candidate. If someone is only interested in small or large animal work, we can accommodate for the appropriate candidate.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
• Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns.
• Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Communicates with clients on topics such as diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
• Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
• Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
• Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications and benefits
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
• Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
• Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
• Manages time and tasks appropriately.
• Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
• Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth.
• Salary plus commission.
• Paid for time-off, health insurance, and continuing education.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Employment Type: Full Time