Our Bel Marin Animal Hospital and South Novato Animal Hospital locations are seeking a caring and professional experienced Veterinary Assistant to join our team. We are a small team that takes great pride in the high quality of care we provide to our patients and clients. We are looking for an experienced veterinary assistant with strong patient-care skills, who enjoys challenges and learning new things. We love team members that are passionate about high quality client and patient care. If you are a team player who is dependable, compassionate, enjoys a busy work environment and likes to grow, we want to meet you!
The veterinary assistant provides support to the veterinarians and technicians in their daily tasks by cleaning and maintaining equipment, feeding, exercising and grooming patients, preparing and sanitizing surgery suites, restraining and handling patients, and clerical and administrative work. They deliver quality care for all patients and provide exceptional service.
- Triage patients, perform physical exams, treatments, and administer medication as directed by the Licensed Veterinary Technicians; maintain accurate medical records.
- Assist doctors and technicians with the administration of medications or with patient restraint.
- Perform laboratory tests and take radiographs.
- Operate and maintain hospital equipment including EKG, fluid pump, syringe pump, scales, anesthetic monitors and machines, etc.
- Fill prescriptions, calculate and administer medications, maintain proper documentation, logging, and security of controlled drugs.
- Feed patients as prescribed by the attending doctor or as the client has requested; record appetites; recognize and report any unusual conditions or abnormal behaviors.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hospital each day; clean equipment, kennels and facilities using chemicals and supplies; ensure the safe use of chemicals; complete laundry.
- Other duties may be assigned if working in a specialty area (i.e., dentistry, surgery, emergency, radiology, cardiology, neurology, internal medicine, etc.)
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education, and/or experience.
- One or more years’ experience in veterinary environment performing above duties.
- Able to perform moderately physically demanding work, that requires a lot of lifting (up to 50 pounds), cleaning, and constant motion.
- Ability to work with or around sick animals, potentially hazardous materials, cleaning chemicals, gas anesthetics, zoonotic diseases, and unpleasant odors.
- Requires knowledge of hospital procedures, treatment protocols; computer systems; and terminology used in a veterinary hospital.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and able to work some weekends and holidays.
We offer an excellent compensation package that includes a Competitive Salary, Paid Time Off, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Retirement Plan, Continuing Education, License and Dues, Uniform Allowance, and substantial Pet Care Discount.
Please apply online through PetVetCareers.com