We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Technician/Assistant to join our team!
McGrath Veterinary Center is a State of the Art Veterinary Hospital located in the Sherman Oaks/Encino area. We are a fast growing hospital looking for the right team member who wants to grow with our Practice. For full time employees we offer competitive pay, and benefits including vacation pay, sick pay, employee discounts, and health care coverage. We are looking for someone who is reliable, has great customer service skills, is a self starter and has a willingness to learn and contribute as part of a team.
Duties or requirement(s) include but are not limited to:
• Ability to perform veterinary medical procedures (i.e. venipuncture, radiology, IV catheter placement, drug calculations, administer medications & fluids, and assess & triage patients).
• Preparing surgical suite and surgical patients.
• Performing laboratory work and diagnostic imaging.
• Providing compassionate high quality care for boarded and hospitalized pets.
• Evet Practice and Smart Flow experience a plus but not required
• Responsible for ensuring and maintaining proper cleaning protocols for all animal care areas.
• Provide client education when appropriate.
• Alerting DVM promptly of any patient related issues.
• Feed all animals their required diet and in the appropriate rations
• Filling prescriptions.
• Critical evaluation and observation skills
• Have basic organizational and computer skills as well as strong technician skills.
• Effective written and oral communication skills with ability to compose routine correspondence
• Possess the ability to work independently, efficiently and calmly under challenging conditions
• Ability to appropriately handle, lift and restrain animals (dogs, cats) and stand for long periods of time.
Hourly pay based on experience, min. 1 year veterinary experience required.