We are looking for a Veterinary Assistant with initiative, good nursing skills, a team player as well as be able to work independently. Must be willing to work Saturdays and occasional holidays.
- Act as the extra eyes, ears and hands for the veterinarian to ensure the best quality pet care and to maximize the veterinarian's productivity. Lead veterinarians and veterinary medical team through the Cycle of Service and communicate with the other associates to maintain the flow of patients.
- Provide professional, efficient and exceptional service at all times. This includes performing procedures that do not require veterinarian assistance, completing preparatory work for other procedures, ensuring that clients and pets are comfortable in the hospital, and monitoring hospitalized or surgical pets.
- Educate clients about Wellness Plans, preventive care, pet health needs, any diagnosis or treatment, hospital services and other issues.
- Obtain relevant information and history from clients and maintain proper and complete medical charts.
- Ensure the safety of pets, clients and associates by utilizing safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols, and maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
- Assist with surgery as applicable. *Utilize technical skills to the fullest, within state practice acts regarding duties of credentialed veterinary technicians.
- Mentor other paraprofessionals in the hospital.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Looking for a reliable and very responsible individual
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and “people-oriented.” Must have a "genuine spirit".
- Initiative - shows willingness and aptitude to take appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be done.
- Cooperativeness - Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
- Flexibility - Is open to changing situations and opportunities and is willing to perform all tasks assigned.
- Tolerance for Stress / Resiliency - Maintains a positive 'can do' outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
- One year related experience required.
- Compensation based on experience and education.
- Knowledge of AVIMARK Software is a plus.
- Physical effort: Work requires lifting, carrying and restraining animals (lifting assistance provided when lifting animals over 40 lbs). Must be able to walk or stand for extended periods of time; frequently works in a bent position.
If this is what you are looking for, we would love to discuss the opportunity for you to join our team!
- Veterinary Technician: 1 year (Required)
- Veterinary Assistant: 1 year (Required)
- Veterinary Technician (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits or accountsafter completion of 1 year of employment
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Hourly Wage is based on experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $20.00 /hour
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: 15.00 Hourly