The Veterinary Pharmaceutical Sales Representative is responsible for the maintenance and expansion of your assigned customer base within an assigned territory for veterinary supplies, products, & programs. This includes achieving annual sales, revenue, and gross profit goals within a specified territory.
- Regularly calls on veterinary offices, labs, and institutions within a defined sales territory to achieve budgeted sales volume and other established goals.
- Maintains and further develops established accounts, and develops new accounts to increase market penetration.
- Actively prospects, pursues, and closes equipment and technology sales in assigned territory.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing existing consumables base.
- Responsible for generating leads for technology offerings, exclusive products, and capital equipment.
- Prepare presentations and price quotes for customers.
- Must be able to meet forecasted goals.
- Promotes Patterson Vet marketing programs & demonstrates new products.
- Participates in and supports meetings and activities as requested by the Branch Manager, Region and/or General office.
- Performs other Veterinary Pharmaceuitcal Sales Representative duties as assigned.
Veterinary Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Minimum Qualifications:
Candidates must possess ONE or more of the following:
- A four year degree
- Three or more years of experience in business to business sales
- Three or more years of experience in the health or veterinary industry
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Veterinary Sales
- Prior direct, retail, or telephone sales experience
- Knowledge of veterinary industry (or experience)
- PC skills required including knowledge of spreadsheets and Word processing software
- Ability to analyze financial information
- Skillful negotiation and presentation abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Veterinary Distribution experience is highly preferred
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.