To obtain by appropriateclinical investigations scientific data that contributes to the global pool ofdevelopmental research data for registration of the Company’s animal healthproducts in regional and global markets. The primary focus of this contract positionis Vaccine and Biological research. The incumbent conducts clinical and safetytrials in accordance with GCP, GLP, and Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Healthprocedures. Duties include performing customary scientific animalresearch monitoring duties without supervision and designing and coordinatingexperiments in accordance with project needs and established protocols withminimal supervision.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
- Assists in the design and protocol development for animal studies conducted for Vaccine and Biological products as directed. These trials may be basic, pre-clinical and clinical or non-clinical, involve any animal species and be conducted in support of regional or global objectives.
- Implements, conducts, or monitors and reports on trials conducted by the department, as directed, to establish the safety and efficacy of vaccines/compounds
- Summarizes trial data, interacts with project leaders/statisticians as required, and prepares trial reports according to specified timelines as directed
- Supports regional efforts to promote the licensing of vaccines, products, and/or technologies.
- Initiates and completes customary procedures in an independent and efficient manner
- Reports and treats data with a high level of integrity and ethics; writes protocols, procedures, and technical reports; provides input for scientific reports.
- Effectively communicates and defends own work in the context of team and department goals both orally and in writing.
- Independently applies basic scientific principles, performs literature searches, and keeps abreast of literature in own field
- Assists in local review of scientific literature, promotional, and technical material as directed.
- Troubleshoots effectively and solves scientific problems independently
- Complies with applicable regulations and HSE policies; performs all work in a safe manner; maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies.
- Individuals should have a good understanding of USDA and EMEA regulatory requirements for vaccine registrations
- DVM from an accredited institution is required
- Work as a member of a team and work efficiently under pressure.
- Demonstrate knowledge of field
- Apply knowledge of basic theory and scientific principles
- Ability to learn new technology and concepts and apply appropriately with minimal supervision
- Experience with multiple animal species is highly encouraged
- Ability to operate laboratory equipment with independence
- Ability to draft technical reports
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills
- Concise and accurate reporting of technical data/information and interpretation thereof
- Proven problem solving ability
- Appropriate level of understanding of applicable regulations
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world’s top 20 pharmaceutical companies and operates globally with approximately 50,000 employees. Since our founding in 1885, the company has remained family-owned and today we are committed to creating value through innovation in three business areas including human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. Since we are privately held, we have the ability to take an innovative, long-term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries and the introduction of truly novel medicines that improve lives and provide valuable services and support to patients and their families. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. We are also deeply committed to our communities and our employees create and engage in programs that strengthen the neighbourhoods where we live and work. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment verifications and drug screenings.