This position is for someone who has has a firm understanding of animal husbandry, veterinary facility maintenance and customer service representative experience. The duties include:
- Collecting patient histories and vital signs
- Utilizing veterinary specific practice management software
- Assisting Veterinarians and RVT with advanced procedures
- Performing in house laboratory tests
- Veterinary phlebotomy
- Capturing radiographs
- Filling prescriptions
- Administering vaccinations and other medications
- Walking, feeding, and cleaning patients
- Unpacking inventory and restocking
- Restraining patients for exams and procedures
- Feline friendly techniques
- Client education
Veterinary Assistant Qualifications and Skills
This position requires an individual who has a strong desire to work with animals, to help people and to have a team mentality to success. The ideal candidate is patient, respectful, resilient, teachable, self-aware, and honest.
Some college education with emphasis on the sciences is preferred.
Minimum one of Veterinary Assistant Experience REQUIRED
Veterinary Assistant salary $15 to $20 per hour.
Registered Veterinary Technician salary $21 to $26 per hour.
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: 20.00 Hourly