Who are we looking for?
Carolina Veterinary Specialists is seeking skilled and experienced technicians and assistants to join the ER team at our newest location in Rock Hill, SC. Our ER positions cover 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts and require some weekends, shared holiday and some on-call coverage. ** PLEASE NOTE: All applicants must have at least 1 yearof experience as a veterinary assistant/technician or be a recent graduate of an AVMA-accredited veterinary technology program to be considered for this position.
What does this job look like?
As a member of the Emergency team, you will be responsible for all aspects of Emergency care including triage, rescue efforts, providing Intensive Care to hospitalized patients, administering and monitoring anesthesia, admitting and discharging patients from the hospital, and client communication and education. This position offers the opportunity to provide specialty emergency care at the highest level.
What does this job require? The successful candidate will have excellent communication and multi-tasking skills as well as a keen attention to detail. S/he will be able to work well as part of a team and will demonstrate a shared sense of responsibility among the different services within the hospital. Sh/e will also possess the following qualifications:
- At least 1 year of experience as a veterinary assistant/technician or be a recent graduate of an AVMA-accredited veterinary technology program
- Strong technical skills including venipuncture, catheter placement, general laboratory, anesthesia and pharmacology skills
- Knowledge of normal patient (cat/dog) parameters
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Working knowledge of the indications, adverse effects and dosing considerations for commonly-used veterinary medications
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision as well as part of a team
- Strong work ethic and good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Schedule flexibility including nights, weekends, and some holidays