Alpha Genesis, Inc. (AGI) is an AAALAC accredited breeding and research facility. AGI maintains two facilities in South Carolina including more than 6,000 primates. The Veterinary Technician position will include providing clinical care and will participate in medical research that may include neurological, obstetric, or ophthalmic surgical procedures. Veterinary Technicians will assist in the performance of, surgical diagnostic tests, and help to maintain the health of the colony. Veterinarian Technicians work alongside clinical veterinarians, other veterinary technicians and animal care workers.
- Perform daily observations of non-human primates without supervision.
- Work with research behavioral staff when formulating new non-human primate groups.
- Determine and perform medical treatments of non-human primates according to established treatment protocols and standard operating procedures, with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to administer and interpret diagnostic tests of non-human primates.
- Assist with surgical procedures.
- Perform minor surgical techniques without supervision.
- Draw blood.
- Tattoo animals.
- Take animal vital signs.
- Assist in the preparation of animals being shipped out of Alpha Genesis.
- Clean up treatment rooms.
- Requisition basic medical supplies through the company's established purchasing procedures.
- Perform basic in-house laboratory tests.
Qualifications: We are willing to train applicants to meet the Job Description listed above.
Veterinary research experience helpful, but not required. Will train the right candidate.
Good oral and written communication skills
Computer skills (Access, Word, Excel)
Salary/funding: Commensurate upon education and experience Term of Appointment: Full-Time Contact Information:
Employment Type: Full Time