- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials of sequences and courses.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon student need and established curriculum.
- Prepare lectures and practical demonstrations for students in class and individually.
- Monitor lab competencies and confirm skill levels on checklists.
- Monitor the attendance of students in the program and coordinate with the Program Director and Associate Director Student Services when absences occur two days in a row or exceed four days in one sequence.
- Meet with students to encourage them to stay in the program.
- Maintain an 80% student success rate for all classes taught in the program.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each sequence to update student records and transcripts.
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, community service field trips, and visits to clinics and hospitals.
- May assist in externship visitation and performance observation for Veterinary Nursing students.
- Monitor students in the classroom and ensure safety precautions are adhered to.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Associate degree from an AVMA CVTEA accredited program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Three (3) years of occupational (i.e., practical) experience within the veterinary field.
- Licensed doctor of veterinary medicine (DVM) or a credentialed veterinary technician (CVT).
- Must hold current license, certification or other designation as required by local, state or federal laws to work in the veterinary field.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer skills.
- Paid sick days
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Paid Holidays
- Free Food and Coffee
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Military Leave
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Life Insurance