Vice President, Acquisitions and Divestitures
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW) is seeking an experienced professional for the role of VP of Acquisitions and Divestitures (A&D). This strategic person will work alongside our US operating managers and direct asset acquisitions and dispositions.
The US A&D team is responsible for the execution of acquisitions, divestitures and other strategic transactions for URW in the US. You will work closely with URW’s Corporate Investment Team in Paris to ensure consistency in the execution of URW’s asset investment and disposition strategy. You will be responsible for the identification, evaluation and execution of acquisition transactions in the US. For asset dispositions, you will participate in the identification process and will be responsible for evaluation and execution. You will serve as the central point of coordination for each transaction, including management of the due diligence process and development of valuation analyses and presentation for senior management’s evaluation.
- Manage due diligence process for M&A transactions including interaction with buyers or sellers
- Develop marketing materials including information memorandums and management presentations for divestitures
- Project management of transactions to maximize results throughout the deal including day-to-day coordination and management of deal teams across businesses / regions and functional areas
- Perform detailed and comprehensive financial valuation analysis
- Preparation of effective presentations with responsibility for the quality of content and a strong attention detail
- Assist in proactively researching the market, understanding the competitive situation and identifying new opportunities
- Prepare memorandums and presentation materials for senior management and Board of Directors for transaction approval process
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the standards and methodologies utilized in the acquisition process
- Will be assigned a wide variety of projects and given as much responsibility as the individual can demonstrate can be effectively handled
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills necessary
- Ability to articulate complex ideas and summarize effectively
- Minimum of 4-6 years of real estate transaction experience
- Experience with acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and/or large partnerships. Real estate and regional shopping malls highly preferred
- Must possess strong analytical, strategic, project management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to effectively influence across the organization
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred, CFA preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. Ability to build complex financial models to analyze transactions is necessary
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is the premier global developer and operator of flagship shopping destinations, with a portfolio valued at €65.2 Bn as at December 31, 2018, of which 87% in retail, 6% in offices, 5% in convention & exhibition venues and 2% in services. Currently, the Group owns and operates 92 shopping centres, including 55 flagships in the most dynamic cities in Europe and the United States. Its centres welcome 1.2 billion visits per year. Present on 2 continents and in 12 countries, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield provides a unique platform for retailers and brand events, and offers an exceptional and constantly renewed experience for customers.
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and skills. We offer a collaborative, innovative, achievement focused culture with unique opportunities for growth in a global company and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.